With hosted PBX services, your company can stay connected to each other, clients, and vendors with a convenient phone system.
What is a Hosted PBX System?
A hosted PBX (private branch exchange) service allows businesses to utilize a comprehensive office phone system. Employees can make, receive, and manage calls on the office system from anywhere out of the office.
In addition, you can greatly reduce the number of calls your office manager needs to answer with an “auto attendant” that directs the caller to the correct department.
What’s more is that your hosted PBX is operated entirely off-site by your VoIP provider, enabling your business to leverage virtually any IP network without expensive on-site hardware. In other words, it exists in the cloud.
Benefits of a Hosted PBX System for Your Business
No matter how large or small your business is, a cloud-hosted PBX system can benefit your business. It can be completely customized to your business’s needs and budget, so you’ll never have a system you don’t need.
Here are some more benefits of a hosted PBX system:
- More flexibility – Make and receive calls on the company network anywhere
- Software integration – Integrate email accounts and employees’ mobile devices
- Lower cost – No costly on-site equipment to maintain and no need to have a receptionist answer calls with a PBX auto attendant
- Simple manageability – All changes are made on an easy-to-use web portal
- Boost credibility – Provide clients with elite service that accurately reflects your company
How Does a PBX System Work?
A hosted PBX system is simple: when a customer calls, they will hear your recorded professional greeting and a list of options to choose from. You can customize your list to departments or individuals, based on your business structure. A voicemail system is built into your PBX system and your callers will never hear a busy signal. Even during periods of high call volume, each call will be answered and directed.
Internally, your team will be able to take calls from the office or mobile devices, no matter where they are. A hosted PBX system is ideal for remote workers or offices since there is no need to be physically connected to the system.