Today, many organizations have embraced bring-your-own-device (BYOD) programs in which employees can use their own personal devices to access and function within the company network. Recognizing the increases in productivity and revenue, and the decreases in device and data expenses, the modern business owner has welcomed employee-owned mobile devices in the workplace. But going mobile brings along important security risks your business must consider.
Benefits of Mobile Security
A BYOD strategy integrates your employees’ personal mobile devices onto the company network, which increases the amount of valuable company data that may be available to outsiders. This makes air-tight mobile security critical. The benefits of professional mobile security include:
- Stronger security policy enforcement
- Automated device registration
- Application control
- Regulatory compliance
To help protect your business, Benton Technology Solutions offers extensive mobile security services for companies across Central North Carolina.
Types of Mobile Device Security
- VPN – A virtual private network, or VPN, gives your organization privacy by creating a private network from a public network. The encryption technology used by VPNs allows remote users and branch offices to securely access corporate applications and resources from anywhere.
- Enterprise Mobile Management Platform – An Enterprise Mobile Management (EMM) platform gives your IT team real-time insights, helping catch potential threats faster.
- Email Security – Email is still the most common way ransomware and malware are spread. Advanced email security allows you to detect, block, and address these threats before they become a problem.
- Endpoint Protection – Endpoint security protects companies by ensuring that mobile devices follow security standards and making your security team aware of detected threats before there is any damage.
Mobile Security from Benton Tech
Benton Tech provides businesses throughout Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and surrounding areas with elite mobile security plans to protect valuable data now living in the mobile realm. Our expert technicians can connect employees’ devices to the company network, segregate business and personal profiles, and more – all to shield your company from mobile security threats.