There’s a good chance you do…
If you’ve been tasked with addressing your business’ IT needs, you’ve probably considered a wide variety of options. Perhaps you’re already investing in individual IT services from one provider and additional services from another company. Or maybe you’re starting from scratch and don’t know your next move.
Either way, it’s your job to understand what’s out there and obtain the most effective IT services for your operation. To help make finding your ideal IT provider easier, the experts at Benton Technology Solutions put together this guide to Managed IT Services.
What are Managed IT Services?
Managed IT is best defined as the day-to-day management of all operational IT responsibilities. This includes everything from monitoring and help desk services to network security and regular maintenance/problem resolution. Managed IT services are typically outsourced to a provider who can manage all of your company’s IT needs under one roof.
What Are The Benefits Of A Managed IT Service Provider?
To truly assess the cost/benefit of hiring a Managed IT provider, you must know what you are currently spending in dollars and in labor to keep up with your IT needs. If you find that your costs could be reduced by consolidating your IT under one provider, then your decision may be slightly easier. However, hiring a Managed IT provider isn’t just a financial decision. Here are some other core benefits of partnering with a Managed IT Services provider:
- Round-the-Clock Monitoring – A Managed Network provider gives you peace of mind with hour-by-hour network monitoring so you can focus on what matters most: your business.
- Regular Maintenance and Upkeep – Your Managed IT provider can conduct routine maintenance, including temporary file deletion, defragging, Malware, virus and spyware scans, as well as network patching when needed.
- Network Synergy – Moving your IT network under one roof helps your provider visualize your entire network environment to ensure each system complements the other for a more synergized IT structure, whereas a network managed by multiple providers at different touch points can quickly become out of sync and succumb to frequent outages.
- Network Security – A massive benefit of a Managed IT provider is their ability to detect malicious programs and immediately protect your most sensitive data. In the event of a data breach, your Managed service provider can also recover lost files and backup important information.
Signs Your Business Needs Managed IT Services
We’ve discussed what a Managed IT provider can do for your business. Now it’s time to decide if you actually need to make a change. Here are some warning signs to look for when evaluating if Managed IT Services are best for your company:
- You do not have a dedicated IT professional on staff.
- The IT professional on staff is swamped with day-to-day tasks.
- Your business suffers from frequent outages and network downtime.
- You are routinely enlisting the help of random specialists during IT emergencies.
If any of the above warning signs exist in your business, it may be time to move your IT operations under the roof of a reputable, experienced Managed IT provider. You could enjoy reduced costs and maximum network performance in the long run.
Learn More About Managed IT Services Today
If you still aren’t sure whether or not Managed IT Services are right for your business, you can contact Benton Technology Solutions to learn more about how Managed IT could enhance your operation. Discuss your needs with one of our Managed IT Specialists today!